The smart homeowner has a special set of numbers in their mobile memory; consisting of a range of domestic services that are equipped to come to your rescue and all it takes to do this is half an hour of Googling.
Here are some emergency home service numbers that you should source and store.
- Plumber – Choose a local outfit that offer a 24/7 emergency service and there are plumbers who don’t charge for a call out. Of course, we hope you never experience a burst water pipe, but it is smart to have a plumber’s number, just in case.
- Drain cleaner – A blocked drain is not something you’d wish on your worst enemy and trying to unblock it yourself usually compounds the problem. The drain specialist has all the equipment to quickly unblock the drain and will power wash to clean the interior pipe surfaces; he also has a rugged go-anywhere drain buggy equipped with CCTV.
- Locksmith – Your local locksmith in Mandurah has all the solutions; if you lock yourself out of your home or car, this is the guy who can gain access without causing any damage. Other services include key cutting and duplication, CCTV systems (supply & install) and other forms of domestic security systems. The locksmith can get any make of security equipment and is usually 15% cheaper than a security company, which is a significant saving.
- Tree surgeon – We hope you never have to call him out for an emergency; high winds can uproot large trees and should you notice anything unusual, call out a local arborist. It is a good idea to have your trees and shrubs pruned and shaped every year, plus the expert can offer some tree care tips.
- Electrician – Has to be on the list and here’s hoping you never need this guy in an emergency situation. Your local electrician can add power points around the house and wire any extension you build. It’s a good idea to have your electrical system health-checked, which would reveal any minor issues.
- Roofing contractor – The last thing you need is a leaking roof, but if it does happen, call your local roofing contractor without delay; ask him to carry out an annual roof inspection, which ensures all is well. Most firms will come out at any hour if there’s an emergency, which is worth knowing.
- Telecommunications/TV – High winds can cause cables to be broken and if your satellite reception is poor, this is the man to call. He can also supply and install any make of home theatre and if you want to make your home ‘smart’ there are a few things you can do.
Save all these numbers and should you ever need a service, the solution is at your fingertips.