The size of your living room doesn’t matter – the décor does. Designing the living area of your home can be overwhelming, because there are just too many ideas and products to choose from. The living room is not entirely your private space, but it is an extension of your personality and is the place where you will entertain guests. The design and theme have to be decided in sync with rest of the house. If you check a few home goods stores, you are likely to find numerous products and accents to decorate the area, and for your help, we are recommending a few options that are stylish and trendy!
- Include candles and scents. Potpourri, candles, scented products are great for adding warmth to the room. For the guests and those special occasions, candles and scented waxes create this welcoming vibe that’s hard to ignore.
- Don’t miss the vases. You can always go for fake flowers, and contrary to what some may believe, artificial flowers don’t have to be shoddy at all. Include vases, especially for the corners, so that the entire room looks more ‘together’.
- Include plants. Indoor plants don’t need as much maintenance as people think, and you can add a few to the living area to make the room more natural. You can check for plants that are considered to be good for homes, and if nothing else works, go for fake plants for those accents of green.
- Buy expensive frames. By the term ‘expensive’, we don’t necessarily mean going overboard on the products. Frames, especially intricate ones, are great for displaying your memories and you can choose to decide what you want to share with the world. Instead of your artifacts, frames with your photos make the living area more memorable.
- Check for votive holders. Candlestands and votive holders for tealights come in all sorts of colors, shapes and designs, and the glass ones look really fancy and contemporary, even though, these don’t cost a fortune. Buy a nice tray and place all your votive holders in one place, probably for the center table.
Many décor stores and websites have incredible collection of accents that are worth paying for, and we recommend that you go with the flow, instead of buying all at once. You can also decide on a theme and buy a wide range of accent items to match the idea.