A programmable thermostat is one of the important devices that can save a lot of energy consumption. This, in turn, implies that you will save a lot of money too. The correct installation and use of a programmed thermostat will reduce your monthly heating bill by 20 percent.
How critical is the installation of a programmed thermostat?
Installation of a programmed thermostat is a very easy Do It Yourself project. Most of them come with a common adapter that gets plugged easily into your existing cooling and heating system of the house. It would take around ten minutes to do it.
Though the plug will remain the same, you will need to use a few drywall anchors for its installation on the wall. Ensure that you pull the right breaker prior to working with power. Day and Night Air is a reputed HVAC contractor that serves residential and commercial areas in Phoenix, AZ.
Why do you need to invest in a programmable thermostat?
A programmable thermostat works really well in the winter as well as summer. The entire cost savings vary on the basis of energy cost. This thermostat helps you reduce the energy consumption that not just brings down your expenditure but also benefits the entire environment. Addition of a programmable thermostat lowers cooling costs, that helps you save a lot each year
Ways to program your thermostat to get maximum savings
These steps will tell you how to save on electric bill in summer by properly using a programmable thermostat.
- Set the program time. Most of the thermostat units have four program periods. Experts advise to program your thermostat schedules on below factors:
- The time when your kids or you leave for school/work
- The time when your kids or you return home from school/work
- The time when you sleep
- The time when you get up after sleep
- Note the time period when you remain out of the home. Use the “HOLD” button to control the temperature when you are not present at home for long time periods. This will save you from wasting energy in cooling an empty home.
- Purchase a thermostat for every zone of your house. If it has “zoned heating” or “zoned cooling” system, then you will require making arrangements for a programmable thermostat for individual zones to save maximum energy.
A programmable thermostat, when installed and used properly in the above ways, can save a lot on your cooling and heating cost.